2020 FAI General Conference to be held electronically
The FAI Executive Board has decided that the 114th FAI General Conference 2020 will take place electronically over dedicated sessions (to be determined) in early December 2020. Physical attendance will not be required.
This decision was taken because of uncertainties around the possibility of holding a physical Conference due to the threat posed by COVID-19. The intention is to take precautions in responding to the situation.
This new way of conducting the Conference conforms with the COVID-19 statute established by the government of Switzerland, where the FAI is located.
The Sessions of the Conference will be webcast live. Delegates around the world will be able to exercise their voting rights through the use of electronic tools. Further information, training sessions and test-runs will be offered ahead of the Conference, in order to ensure the smooth running of the event.
The traditional Awards Ceremony is to be reformatted as an Awards Announcement, with the names of the awards recipients officially revealed via a live webcast.
Important dates & deadlines
- Official notice: by 2 August 2020
- Proposals from stakeholders to be added to Agenda: due to Secretariat by 2 October 2020
- Nominations Executive Board candidates: due to Secretariat by 2 October 2020
- Issuing of the Agenda and Schedule: by 2 November 2020
- Conference: early December 2020